World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the mark for 4.05am with the aim to target an hour or so over high water. Moon was a LOT brighter than anticipated and water very clear, and a small tide too, but was desperate to get out...getting my excuses in early lol...
Planned attack was paddle tail gravity stick in green and silver with a glittery finish, moving onto a surface lure possibly if no interest....
Half a dozen casts and a nice tap results in a solid 52 so we'll pleased.
Fin Fish Fishing Ray-finned fish Marine biology

The mark seems devoid of any sign of fish, but I persevere with the method I have faith in...its caught me one fish...possibly the only fish there, and its served me well before. I thoroughly cover the ground and have numerous last casts, as the top of the tide came and went.....nothing more appeared. Numerous last casts came and went...the next three would definitely be the last.....
Max range, up and across the tide. Bail arm flicked over and braid pulled tight for the umpteenth time. Tip up and a nice slow steady retreive. One, two, three, four turns and tap...wallop....
Lines coming off against a relatively tight drag, so I know it's bigger than the first, and after a great little scrap she's slid ashore....
Water Fish Underwater Marine biology Tail

55 cms....
Punched well above its weight as fish hooked on big singles seem to do....
Nothing on the next few casts, so decide to call it.....home and back in bed for 6am, so short and sweet before the 3 grandkids get dropped off....
Mart.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Well dangled through what seemingly appears to be the lull at present Mart. - down our neck of woods anyways!
Again, a week from work duties were duly taken, coinciding with birthday and the previous biggy tides. Absolutely stank from the blank, bar a few early doors rats!…lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts