World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is embarrassing :oops:

Having been fishing for a few months, I was just beginning to think I was getting the hang of things.

Today I was reminded just what a beginner I am.

I bought a new cheap rod & reel - just to have for when mates come round & want to fish too.

Thing is - I got a rear drag okuma reel - I can't figure out how to get the spool off. I know it must be simple but I've been trying solidly for an hour.

Any ideas anyone? It's a Okuma cycloid cdr 50 if that helps. My other reel is front drag & I've no problems taking the spool off it.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
Is there a button on the top of the spool????

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
This is embarrassing :oops:

Having been fishing for a few months, I was just beginning to think I was getting the hang of things.

Today I was reminded just what a beginner I am.

I bought a new cheap rod & reel - just to have for when mates come round & want to fish too.

Thing is - I got a rear drag okuma reel - I can't figure out how to get the spool off. I know it must be simple but I've been trying solidly for an hour.

Any ideas anyone? It's a Okuma cycloid cdr 50 if that helps. My other reel is front drag & I've no problems taking the spool off it.

Thanks!!
I'm no expert but most of the rear drag reels i have come across you push a button in the centre of the spool and they pull off
hope this helps dai

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how stupid do i feel!!! 1 hour of trying with no joy.

1 minute of posting and problem sorted.

Thanks so much both of you!!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
how stupid do i feel!!! 1 hour of trying with no joy.

1 minute of posting and problem sorted.

Thanks so much both of you!!
Glad to help dai

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
No probs mate,often its the things straight infront of us that we cant see.Hope you catch a few nice fish on it!:fishing1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts