World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a gap in the weather I couldn't resist having a go last night on my local patch of shoreham beach. Starting just after low tide it was slow going with nothing to show until an hour before high. I was just thinking of quitting when one of the rods lurched over, bounced back, started twitching and at last it was fish on! The black lug and crab sausage bait had done the trick although based on the contents of its stomach this 7 lb 5 oz cod would have taken anything. It had the remains of four rockling inside it! One more cast again produced nothing so I called it a night more than happy with that as the last couple of weeks has been pretty hard going!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Well fished Mr Mudman , a well deserved Cod and nice to see. Was hoping to get out myself and have a dangle but can not get myself motivated.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[="Wish 2 catch, post: 9718621, member: 69728"]Well fished Mr Mudman , a well deserved Cod and nice to see. Was hoping to get out myself and have a dangle but can not get myself motivated.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mate, for sure its easier when they're
on your doorstep!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[TE="fishingmad26, post: 9718905, member: 103226"]Jesus that's a fat old boy. Nice catch mate[/QUOTE]

Thanks, indeed he liked his pies!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well done, great catch.

Mo..........................

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[TE="Maurice Laker, post: 9719647, member: 100349"]Well done, great catch.

Mo..........................[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mo!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OTE="Colin holland, post: 9719908, member: 92829"]Well done again, that's a fine months fishing you have had, let's hope they hang about a while[/QUOTE]
Thanks Colin, let's hope so. I had some in March last year.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice report and nice fish Mudman - something very special about nailing a cod off the local beach

·
Registered
81 Posts
With a gap in the weather I couldn't resist having a go last night on my local patch of shoreham beach. Starting just after low tide it was slow going with nothing to show until an hour before high. I was just thinking of quitting when one of the rods lurched over, bounced back, started twitching and at last it was fish on! The black lug and crab sausage bait had done the trick although based on the contents of its stomach this 7 lb 5 oz cod would have taken anything. It had the remains of four rockling inside it! One more cast again produced nothing so I called it a night more than happy with that as the last couple of weeks has been pretty hard going!
Well done, was planing to go friday nite but the wind looks to strong,haven't been in ages.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts