World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A later start today and away from the Marina at around 06.15am.First stop for was for some Mackerel for bait.
With this sorted I opened the taps and headed South back to the area we finished at Yesterday.A cruise of 24knts saw us on the mark in no time and the traps were set.A few Roker and Hounds and we needed to move to try to find them a bit quicker.2nd move was a disaster with 'Not a lot'.Up with the anchor a dash east for around a mile or so.Bingo! Here they were,thought they could escape me by moving across the channel but they aint that smart!
We soon had them coming over the gunnel in a steady stream.We had around 25 with a good few larger females returned to breed the future stock.
'Up steps Greg'......15yrs old, 2nd time ever fishing on my boat (Never fished before) and he is casting and doing it like a pro! 12lb Roker then another then + several smaller ones...'What the fecks this' he has got now? I was expecting a big Bass but no Greg go's and catches himself a 35lb Stingray!
So heaps of Mackerel,Rokers,a few Hounds and a Stingray made another great trip on 'Why Worry'.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
What a great day for young Greg, not a bad start to his fishing career!! :clap::clap::clap:

Heres another one of his rays, taken just 5mins after the stinger. :)

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Well done Ron, you found the fish again. What did the stinger take? :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
We think it was Crab.If it wasn't it was Mackerel.He wasnt sure what Rod he had the Crab on.After he landed it,he went straight too the other rod and had a Roker about 10lb!!
Good lad......:clap:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Well done Ron you have been talking about those stingers for a while now and you have found it . Its a good job you got those new scales to get the weight maybe next time it will be the threshers or the porgies which we have been talking about that you get.
well done to the young lad to also for landing such a nice fish.

Alan

15,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well done Ron you have been talking about those stingers for a while now and you have found it . Its a good job you got those new scales to get the weight maybe next time it will be the threshers or the porgies which we have been talking about that you get.
well done to the young lad to also for landing such a nice fish.

Alan
Them scales did come in handy today.41lb in the net then -6lb for the net = 35lb...Job done! I never even had to get the horrible slimey thing out the net...I thought about it,then wondered how I was going to get it back over the side with the slime running off of it,thick and black....Horrid,just horrid! I forgot how horrid they actually are...Unless that one was particularly horrid!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
We think it was Crab.If it wasn't it was Mackerel.He wasnt sure what Rod he had the Crab on.After he landed it,he went straight too the other rod and had a Roker about 10lb!!

Should have got him to pick the Lottery numbers for you, seems it was his lucky day.

:victory::boat:

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Great days fishing there, and a very nice sting ray :clap3: I see that massive boat go up the thames

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ron,

Another great report & pic's, that Stingray was a bonus!
Sea looked even calmer than Saturday,

It was good to accompany you out on Saturday & thanks for your tips, we caught plenty of Roker but no Tope or Smoothounds. KJT didnt give us any fish but the move onto top of the sandbank saw some more Roker & loads of Mackerel.

Thanks again.

John.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
well done ron, sounds like a brill day.......ps can you stop feeding andy all them pies lol!!

Not a pie in sight all day Paul. He did buy me a much needed pint to refresh my poor sunburned body when we got back though!!

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Good fishin guys especially the young lad :) Nice stinger!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Too late Ron ....Pablo has already hired his fancy dress "Sting Ray" outfit.. problem is with his sting, I aint seen one like that before???

H

1 - 19 of 19 Posts