World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out with Dene on Gemini from Dover yesterday - plan was to drift for flatties

slow start to the day but the Plaice obliged along with a couple of Turbos but the surprise of the day were these fellows:

There were two of them zooming around the boat for 5 - 10 minutes - absolutely amazing sight and it seems they were White Beaked dolphins

Sadly the moved off but a great sight to top a lovely day's fishing !

·
TOPWATER BASS LURE ADDICT
4,877 Posts
Hi mate,

Glad you enjoyed the Dolphins ;)

For a number of years there has been numbers of white beaked and bottle nose Dolphins aswell as quite a few porpoise out and around the Dover straight,

The last time I was out on Paul's " jolly fisherman " from Dover we must of see about 15 - 20 of em in a pod :rolleyes:

We stopped fishing for a while and followed em for about 2 miles ;)

Fascinating to watch :)

All the best

Stuart

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,

Glad you enjoyed the Dolphins ;)

For a number of years there has been numbers of white beaked and bottle nose Dolphins aswell as quite a few porpoise out and around the Dover straight,

The last time I was out on Paul's " jolly fisherman " from Dover we must of see about 15 - 20 of em in a pod :rolleyes:

We stopped fishing for a while and followed em for about 2 miles ;)

Fascinating to watch :)

All the best

Stuart
Cheers for the comment Stuart, I've seen Porpoise and even Pilot Whales out there but never Dolphins - and yes what a sight !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.