World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2nd hand multiplyer reel and beachcaster off a work mate yesterday. As i have previously always used fixed spools, big ray master on our lunch break showed us the basic's of casting, off pz prom. All went well, and feeling like a kid with a new toy..:clap2:. Knowing that i had bait at home, i decided to go after work for a couple of hrs. Arrived at the mark bout 6.15. Knowing that the tide was going was'nt expecting nout, twas just the fact of trying out new rod and reel. Rigged up as inform and prepared myself to cast.. Away it went, then....! *******S...! I think it is what as know as a birds nest....:uhuh: Spent 3/4 hr un-tangling the line from spool and realise that the reson for the nest was that i have my brakes fully off. Not a good idea for a beginner...:uhuh:. Cast again and success, no bird nest..! The sun was just going down over mounts bay and i was preparing to pack up, when....! Rachet started slowly going... Excited, but arse was twitching the same time pulled into it. Fish on..! Caught my 1st ever Turbot:clap2: Not sure of weight, but it certainly sat over the edge of my dinner plate this evening. Tastey eating. Lets hope that my new rod and reel has brought me some luck, as i seem to be blanking alot....:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Ive never caught a turbot, i even went on a 5 day Alderney boat trip last year and i still haven't caught a turbot. I fished Kennack Sands once and i caught a nice bass, my mate had a small turbot the size of his hand on a whole sandeel the greedy little blighter but i wish i had caught that turbot. good on you winkler:clap3:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Well done on the Turbot m8, you'll never go back to a fixed spool once you've mastered the art of multiplier casting. Modern multipliers have good braking systems so it shouldn't take you too long. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts