World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No fishing but there's a fishing boat featured. Also some views of the reefs from the seaward side.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great slideshow and films - really enjoyed them. Some fantastic fish - the 10lb bass would have been my favourite to catch out of all of them.

I just wonder if you think there is any chance of catching cod with shads and jelly worms from the beach - particularly after dark in the winter?

Once the bass season is over I tend to go pike fishing - but do wonder if it would be possible to catch cod from deeper shelving beaches where there is plenty of current. Or whether it might be better to use Hokkias.

Would be interested in any views.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great slideshow and films - really enjoyed them. Some fantastic fish - the 10lb bass would have been my favourite to catch out of all of them.

I just wonder if you think there is any chance of catching cod with shads and jelly worms from the beach - particularly after dark in the winter?

Once the bass season is over I tend to go pike fishing - but do wonder if it would be possible to catch cod from deeper shelving beaches where there is plenty of current. Or whether it might be better to use Hokkias.

Would be interested in any views.
thanks h&c
The problem is they don't come inshore until the water is well coloured and even over a wreck it has to be clear for hokkais and jellies. I have known summer codling being caught on the beach with mack flectors but only from one very select spot on the Norfolk coast and it's very rare.
The only productive method for autumn/winter cod is to ledger with a large lug worm bait whether it's from beach or kayak.

cheers pf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts