World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a word of warning regarding keeping you fishing tackle securely.

Sadly my new man cave was broken into last night :mad:

Wood Hardwood Fixture Household hardware Wood stain

but on the plus side as it's still leaking so I didn't actually have anything else of any value in there and the b******s got away with absolutely nothing :).

Another bonus was that they would have ended up with wet feet too :D.

Wood Grass Property Land lot Landscape

Not sure about my guard Badger though, not so much as a whimper :rolleyes:.

Dog breed Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Style

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
One of those shotgun cartridge 'mines', they only make a noise but would scare the living daylights out of anybody who didn't know it was there (or indeed anybody who knew it was there but forgot!!)

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Thats not good, glad they left empty handed.

Reactions: andy1965

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've definitely had a close escape this time, I'll be fitting a decent lock and other security measures once the CSIs have had a look at it ;).

I never keep my gear in the shed anyway but it has been suggested by a couple of mates that I could have been targeted specifically because I'm a lure angler and we're known to be avid collectors of shiny things o_O.

As for the dog he definitely needs to get his priorities right, he growled like mad at the police when they called round to take a statement :D.

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts

IT WASN'T ME BOSS, I JUST MADE THE PUDDLE!

They are just scum, low life , pond life :oops:sorry that's too good for them.
I'm sure you could find some nice chocolate fudge to feed them next time:D

Glad noting was in to be taken.

·
Registered
207 Posts
ist a said part of life now andy / you have to treat everything you own like gold bars and store things as if they were are at fort knox.

alarms - pad locks and other measures don't work if they want it they will have a go / if they get caught its just another 2 hours community service picking sh-t up or painting railings .

i have even had the cheeky bas-a-ds try and get into my van while sleeping in it at holyhead

put the dog in the shed and keep your gear in house that will buck his ideas up

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Glad I didn't turn out worse Andy.

It makes my blood boil that low-life, idle b**tards think they can steal what the rest of us work hard for, save for and buy.

I have external security lights that are triggered by anything approaching my garage from my bike racing days. It's also wired into the house alarm. Left to me, I'd have electrified the doors overnight too!

On a lighter note, back in the day, when the alarm went off (probably from a random spider walking over a sensor), the first thing I'd do is jump out of bed and sprint straight for the garage, much to the chagrin of the FPO / SWIMBO, who seemed to think that checking the house and kids should have been my first priority. With my race bike in the garage? Funny creatures women ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Low life scum,Andy I would change the hinges,have 3 locks top,middle and bottom.plank of wood with 6 inch nails across the door and a security light to see when they're nailed to the plank so you can beat the sh-te out of them.Your dogs not a robbers dog is it.:)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thankfully they didn't get anything. Just remember if using the 6" nail plan to ensure you use rusty nails, preferably covered in faeces, as this will ensure blood poisoning and possibly fatal tetanus.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Its a good idea to put one way foil on the Windows, so they cannot see inside.
I have a pir light that sets a chime off remotely, the chime plugs into a normal three pin socket, it can be a pain if you have a lot of cats around you, you know, attracted by the smell of all the fish you catch:D

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers for the security suggestions, I'll definitely be beefing up security, the shad will be like fort Knox by the time I've finished with it ;).

I won't be keeping anything of value in there either, if I had to make an insurance claim and the FPO found out how much fishing gear I have, and lures in particular, then I'd be in serious do do :D.

That's real sh1tty
Maybe get those fence panels replaced with higher ones?
Unfortunately I had to shorten the fence due to the strength of the winds we get here, anything taller just blows down :(. I'll consider putting some sort of trellis on top of it though, anything to make climbing over a bit more awkward.

Its a good idea to put one way foil on the Windows, so they cannot see inside.
Another good suggestion however on this occasion if the dozy b******s had looked through the window first then they would have seen that there was nothing in the shed anyway and saved us both a lot of bother, unfortunately though I wouldn't have been alerted to how easy my shed was to break into and next time I might have actually lost something, every cloud I suppose :).

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
didnt know you had a swimming pool Andy......lol

yeah,its sad indeed that theres probably some scum who are possibly on the main fishing forums and target people who they think will have some expensive lure gear.......bob and nath bell have been done twice in a year or so ..each time its been several tenryu rods, rarenium reels and high end lures that have gone !!

rottweiler in the shed maybe ?

glad they got sod all

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Climbing roses on the trellis... Or blackberries if you have a sweet tooth

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
didnt know you had a swimming pool Andy......lol

yeah,its sad indeed that theres probably some scum who are possibly on the main fishing forums and target people who they think will have some expensive lure gear.......bob and nath bell have been done twice in a year or so ..each time its been several tenryu rods, rarenium reels and high end lures that have gone !!

rottweiler in the shed maybe ?

glad they got sod all
I heard about Nath and Bob, shocking.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about the perpetrators targeting anglers off the forums and Facebook groups, they obviously weren't after just anything as my sons bike wasn't touched. Unfortunately as cases of relatively minor theft these incidents are hardly at the top of the polices list of things to do and the thieves will probably get away with it, our only hope is that one day someone catches them at it and delivers a bit of justice on the spot ;).

On your other point I don't think Badger would take kindly to a rottweiler in the shed, but piranhas in the pool might be the way to go :D.

Reactions: fishfordinner

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sorry to hear about the shed, Andy; the worst part is that it enrages you for weeks & leaves you with a general feeling of mistrust. As for Badger, I've no doubt his strengths lie elsewhere. I'm sure he's **** hot at finding tennis balls.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.