World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members,
Fished the above today with sh0ckw4ve , on arrival the sea was flat calm with light winds.. fished 2 rods each. 1 in close and 1 at distance in hope of a ray!!
I knew from experience of that beach that it was going to be a difficult session as the weather so so nice and bright.
Between us we had crab, razor, sandeel, rag and blacks so plenty of variety...
Anyway, the first hour was very quiet but was nice getting to know nick (sh0ckw4ve) a top guy in fairness. Then my mate frenkie42ben called down for chat. Was nice to cu mate. Been a while!! Then as he was leaving i had my first "tap tap " then nothing! Then my mucca ian (aitch131) popped down to c us for a bit. And being my curse made nicks rod start twitching, moments later he landed a double shot of a small flounder and a turbot. Well done nick ;-) then after a good catch up with ian. We were being pushed up the beach pretty quick as the tide was picking up. . We were then joined by khan, james and khans son. Thankyou for coming alone gents, was good to cu. Then nick was in again with another flounder. My rods were static... whatever i tried, no joy... then i changed rigs to the most blinged up flappers i had as the water was now gin clear.. then as we all sat on the steps nick landed another 2 flounders, then khan came over for a chat and also gave me some fresh lug. Thanks khan. Was nice to have a catch up with you my friend. Then nick landed another flattie... he was doing well in difficult conditions. Then chris (captain123) called down for a chat. Was nice to catch up mate.. then at 18.00pm we called time with me having a standout blank and khan and his son also blanking but nick landing 5 flounder and a small turbo. But you know what... .
It was a great day out, with great weather and good to meet new people and catch up with friends i havnt seen in a while, no pics
Today im affraid as my phone was dead. Ohhhhh i forgot to mention, i did catch something today, A TAN!!!
Until next time.
Chris (wrighty)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks very much for your company today, even though the fishing was on the slow side it was a cracking day to be out and very good to meet you and the other gents :)

Have to have another bash again soon :)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Nice to meet few old and new friends! But a double shot of hard luck for me- a blank with a car ticket frem neath council as I parked in the empty space between road and cycle route. It is very busy and many cars were parked there so I thought it is ok but it was not. A leason learnt. I think I have to pay the fine now! Hopefully better fishing and better luck next time. Khan

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice to meet few old and new friends! But a double shot of hard luck for me- a blank with a car ticket frem neath council as I parked in the empty space between road and cycle route. It is very busy and many cars were parked there so I thought it is ok but it was not. A leason learnt. I think I have to pay the fine now! Hopefully better fishing and better luck next time. Khan
Sorry to hear that khan! :-( but was nice to cu mate.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hard lines Wrighty, nice report tho, I was tempted to call in to Aberavon on my way back from Barry after the yak session was cut short. But due to having a rough couple of hours, and only having 6ft kayak rods in the car decided against it.

Must have been one of those days yesterday Khan, I too had a parking ticket in Barry, but I did manage to catch my first Ray so not a total disaster. Tight lines peeps! :thumbs:

G

·
Hello members,
Fished the above today with sh0ckw4ve , on arrival the sea was flat calm with light winds.. fished 2 rods each. 1 in close and 1 at distance in hope of a ray!!
I knew from experience of that beach that it was going to be a difficult session as the weather so so nice and bright.
Between us we had crab, razor, sandeel, rag and blacks so plenty of variety...
Anyway, the first hour was very quiet but was nice getting to know nick (sh0ckw4ve) a top guy in fairness. Then my mate frenkie42ben called down for chat. Was nice to cu mate. Been a while!! Then as he was leaving i had my first "tap tap " then nothing! Then my mucca ian (aitch131) popped down to c us for a bit. And being my curse made nicks rod start twitching, moments later he landed a double shot of a small flounder and a turbot. Well done nick ;-) then after a good catch up with ian. We were being pushed up the beach pretty quick as the tide was picking up. . We were then joined by khan, james and khans son. Thankyou for coming alone gents, was good to cu. Then nick was in again with another flounder. My rods were static... whatever i tried, no joy... then i changed rigs to the most blinged up flappers i had as the water was now gin clear.. then as we all sat on the steps nick landed another 2 flounders, then khan came over for a chat and also gave me some fresh lug. Thanks khan. Was nice to have a catch up with you my friend. Then nick landed another flattie... he was doing well in difficult conditions. Then chris (captain123) called down for a chat. Was nice to catch up mate.. then at 18.00pm we called time with me having a standout blank and khan and his son also blanking but nick landing 5 flounder and a small turbo. But you know what... .
It was a great day out, with great weather and good to meet new people and catch up with friends i havnt seen in a while, no pics
Today im affraid as my phone was dead. Ohhhhh i forgot to mention, i did catch something today, A TAN!!!
Until next time.
Chris (wrighty)
unlucky with the catches yesterday wrighty mate
it was packed with holiday makers every where
mumbles was chocka
including oxwich wher i was going to fish and portyenon was heaving too
so 3 of us decided come back to parkmill to park the car and walked down to three cliffs area"busy there too"with bag on back bucket of lug and crabs and a bass rod each
after a bit of mountain goating around the cliffs we got to a safe quite quiet spot

small bass and flats was all the crab could pick up nothing on the lug
but like you we got a good tan

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hard lines Wrighty, nice report tho, I was tempted to call in to Aberavon on my way back from Barry after the yak session was cut short. But due to having a rough couple of hours, and only having 6ft kayak rods in the car decided against it.

Must have been one of those days yesterday Khan, I too had a parking ticket in Barry, but I did manage to catch my first Ray so not a total disaster. Tight lines peeps! :thumbs:
No worries ade, and well done on the first ray fella!! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
unlucky with the catches yesterday wrighty mate
it was packed with holiday makers every where
mumbles was chocka
including oxwich wher i was going to fish and portyenon was heaving too
so 3 of us decided come back to parkmill to park the car and walked down to three cliffs area"busy there too"with bag on back bucket of lug and crabs and a bass rod each
after a bit of mountain goating around the cliffs we got to a safe quite quiet spot

small bass and flats was all the crab could pick up nothing on the lug
but like you we got a good tan
Luckily averavon wasnt to bad yesterday.. loads of anglers there mind .... thats the only thing with the gower. The sun brings them flocking!!! But fair do,s to you for catching a few.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Thanks mates! It was unfortunately 13 of the the month, Wrighty should'nt choose the day! Lol, joking, I am not superstitious, As Ademaxx said it was one of the days, when it is not your day! Khan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts