World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just popped down to the pier in porthcawl,,,to see if i could chuck a few feathers about to waste an hour or two...

i Took one look...gasped!!..180'd the car and came straight home...

Troggs..in the thousands...all chucking feathers around...it looked like a clowns teaparty...

hope they hurry with my shortarm permit...its bloomin disgusting on that pier at the mo..

and ROLL ON WINTER!! :cool:

G

·
You will love the short arm, I am off down there on Thursday. I will be trying live sandeel, probably on the inside under a self weighted float(??) or maybe my trusty pike floats with at least a 2' hooklength!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Can somone post the contact details for the short arm. I think i may well be joining you soon.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Biogenesis said:
Can somone post the contact details for the short arm. I think i may well be joining you soon.
I too am intrigued by the delights of Port Talbot.

G

·
The information I have is off the permit itself:

Associated British Ports
Harbour Office
Lockhead
Kings Dock
Swansea

Telephone: 0870 6096699

Hope that helps!

G

·
Someone from this site sent me a map of how to get there, if anyone wants a copy, send me an email, please be aware it is about 800K long, so if you are on dial-up it might take some time. It is OK for us on BroadBand :) and theres me hoping for an upgrade to my BB at the end of the year to a 4M connection!

·
Registered
289 Posts
There was loadsa mackeral bashers at the keystones pier aberafon last night too.
I fished inshore, lump of crab dead close in, had a cracking bite missed it (poor bait presentation- I should know better). I got told by a local 'expert' (expert mackeral basher) that the fish were 'out there, not close in'.!? :rolleyes: Then a pair of jet skiers showed up. Whizzing less than 50yds away! That was the end of that. Made me wish I had my beach caster with 6oz leads to show em!

·
Registered
472 Posts
How can they prove you did it on purpose, crack on is what I say.

Marcus is there anyway of avoiding the summer holiday troggs lol by fishing the peer late at night.

What was it like last time you were down there late.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
PC Plod should know that all motorised vessels must obey a 4 knot (5mph) limit in the area of Jetty's moorings and harbour entrances. Especially these arseholes should not be operating in close to shore for the safety of the public! Bathers anglers etc are public. Tell the copper to contact the tourism /sports sector in Swansea the same rules apply for Neath & Port Talbot CC, they have a copper on a jet ski to sort idiots out.
Sorry about the bum word

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Just totally surprises me how these idiots are not worrid about being hit by a 6oz lead flying at such speed.

I know I would be 'pwping' myself if I was a jetskier too close to a pier full of fisherman

G

·
Barrelreef said:
Just totally surprises me how these idiots are not worrid about being hit by a 6oz lead flying at such speed.

I know I would be 'pwping' myself if I was a jetskier too close to a pier full of fisherman
One incident springs to mind, last year we were being pestered by them all day, a group of about 6-8 of them congregated around by the Lighthouse. They were eyeing us up, a few of us put on a set of feathers and 3-6 ounce of lead, and we were eyeing them up. One of them took the scenic route and the others bottled out, to say we cheered was understatement!

·
Registered
383 Posts
cant move for the little sods ( troggs ) i had to walk the other side of the promenade the other day as they were atempting casting it was i bloody nightmare

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Phil the Float said:
You will love the short arm, I am off down there on Thursday. I will be trying live sandeel, probably on the inside under a self weighted float(??) or maybe my trusty pike floats with at least a 2' hooklength!
#
What time you intend being there phil, maybe we can make an eyeball :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts