World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Busy but nothing exciting had a slak liner turnout to be a Terry lol and he’s just had his first smoothound only 3 lb but he’s made up nice fish

·
Registered
581 Posts
It's better than my session on Thursday, 1 Dogfish was the count for the evening, but it was not a blank.

You can't turn down bait tat, Well done Terry, the first of many!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well done Tel!

Why are you wearing waders though?

Seen people before on Chesil with waders, I don’t really get it?

My thoughts being (a) if you did fall in they’d take you down like a stone and (b) not great for walking on shingle
(a) if I don't wear them I would get my feet wet. (B) wear trainers onto the beach for easy walking.

·
Registered
16,052 Posts
(a) if I don't wear them I would get my feet wet. (B) wear trainers onto the beach for easy walking.
Fair enough, but I’d prefer wellies or water proof-ish walking boots for Chesil, just thinking waders could potentially be a bit dodgy.

If you’ve ever been stood near the water and the shingle starts collapsing under your feet, it’s pretty scary.

Anyhoo, just my advice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree good for surf beach’s not so chisel but it was millpond flat last night not a ripple . On plus side caught lots of fish on a new mark so that was nice very busy right thru to low tide then it was like a light switch nothing go figure chisels weird man :ugh2::ugh2::ugh2:

·
Registered
16,052 Posts
I agree good for surf beach’s not so chisel but it was millpond flat last night not a ripple . On plus side caught lots of fish on a new mark so that was nice very busy right thru to low tide then it was like a light switch nothing go figure chisels weird man :ugh2::ugh2::ugh2:
Sounds good Joe, can I ask (roughly) where you went at Abbo, left or right?

It’s definitely a weird place for fish feeding times, I’d agree!

Did you get any ray or cod or basses? :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
After you left the crabs picked my hooks clean then about 5 I got a gar (it's beack tangled on the braid) then as I was packing up I had a good bite, and a nice fight began (me thinking cod) then the rig broke.:cry::mad2::cry: Left the beach about 6.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds good Joe, can I ask (roughly) where you went at Abbo, left or right?

It’s definitely a weird place for fish feeding times, I’d agree!

Did you get any ray or cod or basses? :)
Bit further on than your undulate hunting ground mate

·
Registered
16,052 Posts
Bit further on than your undulate hunting ground mate
Ah, fair enough. I still need to try along there. Would have gone on undie night but my mate didn’t want to walk any further lol

Apart from the smoothie, was it the usual pout/ting/dog/strap stuff?

·
Registered
16,052 Posts
After you left the crabs picked my hooks clean then about 5 I got a gar (it's beack tangled on the braid) then as I was packing up I had a good bite, and a nice fight began (me thinking cod) then the rig broke.:cry::mad2::cry: Left the beach about 6.
Ooh, bad luck. It happened to me a couple of years ago, even saw the big head n bucket gob before the line parted next to the swivel.

Totally my own fault, tied those rigs in a hurry and I don’t think the knots were up to it.
Hopefully I won’t make that mistake again too soon!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts