World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Git a call from Paul Musgrave early on asking if i wanted to have a session at Abbotsburry. We arrived to brilliant sunshine and soon started to hit into the early mackerel. Not a lot else happened to be honest apart from dogfish/spider crab. After dark we had a couple of whiting. Not a lot to mention really apart from Paul leaving me stranded and cold on the beach :)
Thanks for the lift mate

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ian

myself and a mate went to West Bexington on Sat 7/4 for an afternoon /evening session looking for a Plaice and a couple of Macky too

We walked along the back past the wooden mast/pole laying on the top of the shingle

All i can say is if you go take plenty of hooks as the spider crabs are there in numbers and even with short soaks with the bait in the water five mins max only about one in ten casts came back with a hooks :blink: :giveup:

Switched to split rigs and banged out a few Macky, wasn't really the fishing we wanted to do but enjoyed it anyway

I know it is a bank holiday weekend and Chesil was always going to be busy this weekend but spoke to a guy who started at 4am ,he said the car park was FULL when he parked in the last spot at 4am .............. does not bode well for a pre match meet next week

The loony tune idiots were out in force with their feathers and you had a good 10 min walk either way to get a spot,20 min walk if you wanted to pendulum cast ,in front of the car park was the usual tent city and you wouldn't squeeze a *** paper between the guys and gals feathering :blink:

However Burton Bradstock looked quieter and Crack off Colin did bag Plaice whilst we threw hooks at the crabs :idea:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DBY, i think we should give the boat a go at the "alternative venue"?
from what i gather we have six confirmed anglers and it would not be a problem going there, are you sharing transport with Colin?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sounds good to me Ian

Can make a plan with Colin to restrict the number of cars :clap3:

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Ian, you have to take me to the "other venue"one day. sounds like the business!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts