World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Abbotsbury last night. Arrived at about 10.30pm, a couple of hours after high. Fished 3 rods, mixture of flappers with size 1's and clipped down 4/0.
Was into the whiting straight away, had 7 in total, all of them keepers with the biggest at just under 40cm. Also a lot of pout, lost count.
Went quiet around low tide then on the way back up the silver eels came on the feed destroying the bait before anything else got a look in and tying the rigs up in knots, little buggers.
Big baits mostly untouched (maybe a little nibbled), all fish came close in 30-50 yards on the flappers, best bait of the night was fresh lug tipped with slipper limpets.
Packed up around 8am for the drive home.
I've never fished Chesil before. We arrived in darkness and although the awesome size of the beach was apparent from the sounds of the waves and the lights along the shoreline it was at sunrise that the full scale became apparent, great night and a beautiful morning. Who would have though it was mid november?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ive got to get myself to Abbotsbury - every time i make the 3hr trip down i fish Ferrybridge, might wait until christmas holidays and make a weekend of it - get to fish both that way :spiteful:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I fished Ferrybridge Thursday night, dogfish central. Managed a couple of pollack and a 3lb bass for tea when it got light. Giving the cove a try today.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Well the cove aint all that. Fished all day with big baits and small baits.....zip, not even a nibble.

An hour after dark bish bash bosh, a conger. About 4ft long and I'd guess about 7lb. Feisty little buggers. Avoided the blank but where were all the whiting?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe the conger ate them? ;) Might sound a silly question but whats the cove?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Chesil Cove, it's at Portland end of the beach. It gets a bit rocky for the last 3 to 400 yards.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Well done fella, we fished Ferrybridge down by the Landing craft last night, I lost 1 decent fish and that was it for the night, no bites, no fish, not even a pout or whiting. So chesil is not fishing well atm, need that blow to come in!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Laya.
If it's blowing in Chesil anything like it is in Pompey right now then things should get stirred up a bit.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yep lets hope so, but it needs more than this!!! A few days of constant 30-40mph SW winds are what we need (although the calm weather seems to be good for big bass hey!!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.