World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
i may brave it tomorrow if the wind dies down,but not trudging to the teeth,again!!
could anyone tell me where the bomber wreck is located,might be a long shot but on a barren beach it may just hold fish,:blink:
and on another note are the cottages the old coastguard houses.wallops nod or are they to far up?
cheers and tight lines.

G

·
not a regular chesilite but i think i saw the bomber wreck last time i was over abbotts , its a further 500 yds past the dragons teeth lies in the fleet itself . The cottages are to the right of the car park if u continue to walk up the narrow tarmac path as far as u can go , again a fair walk

·
Registered
593 Posts
If theres someone with you , you can drive up past the cottages to where the trees/bushes are ( you will see the huge white boulders ) ,pull in there ( if you park tight to the left you will leave the passing place free and not bother other folk :uhuh:) and unload the gear then just shoot the motor back down into the car park .. 3-5 minute walk back up the road with no gear is brill :thumbs:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers scottish,
i think ill give it a bash tonight for a few hours,i dont have that much gear,just a couple of rods,rucksackwith all the gear in it and thats about it.i like traveling lightish in case i have to move around,which i prob do too much.
cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i think its prob burried according to the divers,nevermind it may just be enough of a feature to keep some fish snaffling round it.
ive never fished up that way before i always go to the teeth or beyond.
it may be worth a few hours if i can find it.
then if nowt shows ill move towards the teeth to see if out turns up.
cheers guys:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Let us know how you get on if you go tonight,we are going to brave it and fish tomorrow,we are leaving around 2.30am and will be there for around 4am hopefully fishing the morning tide and staying untill the night one...fingers crossed its not toooooo much of a crazy idea:blink: :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i will do,
the tide will still be a tad wild i guess,but hopefully fishable.
i hope to get there for high water and fish it down,if the missus finishes her shopping sharply.
takes me around 1.5 hrs from andover traffic being well,so should get there for 6pm.
good luck.

·
Registered
593 Posts
im just down the road from you in ludgershall lol thanks mate and good luck,hope you catch a few :)

Luke
And im just down the road from you in Salisbury lol
good luck guys wherever you end up :thumbs:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha small world it is indeed,
i also live in ludgershall :clap2:
anyway, no cod n chips for me tonight :uhuh: i fished just past the cottages to the right, fantastic tide, albeit a few big line munching breakers,wind wasnt that bad and only got a little wet fished from 7pm to 02:00 only had a dogie and 2 whiting decent sized though near 2Lb.
i thought it would be perfect for the cod fish,must all be down ferrybridge end :sad2:
spoke to 2 guys in the car park they were going to lyme regis,they only had a dogie and whiting between them,they fished right on the front.
quite a few there and a few further up towards bexi by the looks of the lamps.
hope you have more luck with the cod fish than i did,but it was good to get out.
watch out for them dodgy big waves if that wind picks up any more though.
good luck and tight lines,im off to kip:sleep:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
not long got back,weighed my cod and it was 7lb:yeah: will post pics etc in a bit,unlucky on the cod front mate but at least you caught 2 nice whiting :) very tasty all the same.

Didnt know there was so many people from around this area on here lol maybe we will all have to meet up for a fish someday.

Luke

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.