World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Only had a few posts so far but good to be part of the forum.

Yet another boat trip out of Weymouth cancelled because of the weather. had many more cancellations than I have been out there this year. So having bought the sarnies already, I have to get fishing! Am thinking about going down to Abbotsbury. Whats catching at the moment? And on what bait? Or should I think of somewhere else on Chesil?

Grateful if you can help avoid another no fishing day!

A

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
hi mate, abbotsburys fishing well at the moment, bream during daylight, and doggies,pout and smoothies after dark. worms squid fresh mackie and crab are good baits :) matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Have been using squid baited tinsel lures off the boats for breaming so will give that a go. Will let you know how I get on!

A

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
12 hour stint produced 9 mackerel and 5 ton of seaweed but the beach was fairly quiet. Not a single bite on bait! Next time....

·
Registered
507 Posts
chesilmaster said:
hi mate, abbotsburys fishing well at the moment, bream during daylight, and doggies,pout and smoothies after dark. worms squid fresh mackie and crab are good baits :) matt

I fished W. Bexi last night and worms, squid and fresh mackie were indeed good bait for the crabs :D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts