World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just wondering about abbotsbury summer. What species can be caught from like july the 1st any ideas any1??? if so what tiem of day and tide??? dont worry about bait and rigs unless something special about one. thanks guys

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Chesil can turn up anything at anytime which is why it is so good. Bass, trigger fish, mackerel (loads), Dogs, smooth hound and rays.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Abbotsbury is generally not regarded as a 'summer' venue, however it will still fish.

In my opinion you would be far better off fishing ferry bridge and back as far as the bridging camp during the summer months.

In daytime you can target gurnards with 1 up 1 down rigs with loads of beads (keep the rig on the move) small bits of makeral are best bait.

Spotted ray to pulleys with sandeel (at distance)

Pollack to feathers.

Trigger using sandeel and black lug cocktails to a 2 hook rig with loads of sequins and attractor blades.

Black bream to rag/ squid small hook rigs (paternoster clip down)

Garfish to bubble float and fish strips.

Just before dark whack on a float for the scad they will also be taken on feathers or a spinner for the bass.

When it gets dark go home!!! or contend with the DOGFISH!!!
There are many better marks nearby and away from the dogfish. Stick it out you may get your bait presented to a smoothy, bass, conger, bream, pout or ray.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Abbotsbury is generally not regarded as a 'summer' venue, however it will still fish.

In my opinion you would be far better off fishing ferry bridge and back as far as the bridging camp during the summer months.

In daytime you can target gurnards with 1 up 1 down rigs with loads of beads (keep the rig on the move) small bits of makeral are best bait.

Spotted ray to pulleys with sandeel (at distance)

Pollack to feathers.
Trigger using sandeel and black lug cocktails to a 2 hook rig with loads of sequins and attractor blades.

Black bream to rag/ squid small hook rigs (paternoster clip down)

Garfish to bubble float and fish strips.

Just before dark whack on a float for the scad they will also be taken on feathers or a spinner for the bass.

When it gets dark go home!!! or contend with the DOGFISH!!!
There are many better marks nearby and away from the dogfish. Stick it out you may get your bait presented to a smoothy, bass, conger, bream, pout or ray.
i remember that night very clearly! some of them were 3lb and it was flippin hard work

G

·
All this talk of summer make me want to get the old shorts'n'shades out! Shame its still bleeddin freezing outside!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts