World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my bf headed for Abbotsbury and walked about 1/4 mile to our left just to get a space lol. We had squid, peeler, razor, rag, black lug. Fished from about 2pm until about 10pm. Caught about 25 whiting between us plus some tiny pouting. These weren't the usual pin whiting, there were a lot of decent size keepers. Biggest about 12-14oz. We didn't see any cod caught but an angler two to my right caught what looked from a distance like a large flatfish. I ran over (like I do) and i was staggered to see that it was a beautiful black bream of nearly 3lb. He caught it on squid and mackerel. He had soaked the mackerel in cod liver oil and he wasn't casting particularly far. He was also using a running ledger rig, much to the annoyance of his neighbouring angler. Our cod hunt goes on.....

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Unlucky on the cod hunt, if Bream were caught the water was probs a bit clear for the coddies. Chesil is silly atm, but the best marks are a long walk away if you dont have a boat!!

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.