World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all fished from 6 in the evening till 2.30 am when we first arrived the wind was howling thought to myself all the way down ere and unable to fish but within an hour the wind just about blew itself out first cast doggie then after an hour had a slack liner reeled in a bass of 2ib 5oz was well chuffed first bass this year for me. 20 mins later rod tip pulled right over struck into it got it 20 yards off shore and snap checked my rig and watever it was had bit right through it was gutted because this fish was a bigun proberly a conger or ray. the rest of the night it was doggie after doggie. baits used was lug which i had the bass on sandeel,squid and mackral will be back down there again soon tight lines dai:) ps all fish were returned to fight another day

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
hi all fished from 6 in the evening till 2.30 am when we first arrived the wind was howling thought to myself all the way down ere and unable to fish but within an hour the wind just about blew itself out first cast doggie then after an hour had a slack liner reeled in a bass of 2ib 5oz was well chuffed first bass this year for me. 20 mins later rod tip pulled right over struck into it got it 20 yards off shore and snap checked my rig and watever it was had bit right through it was gutted because this fish was a bigun proberly a conger or ray. the rest of the night it was doggie after doggie. baits used was lug which i had the bass on sandeel,squid and mackral will be back down there again soon tight lines dai:) ps all fish were returned to fight another day
nice sesh you had dai right you've had an english bass now next weekend you can get your welsh bass wow windy here as well mate i was out on sat windy as hell it was down horton check the pics out i took see you sunday mate phone me b4 so we can meet up and travel down together on sunday yeh?tightlines andy ilsf..

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Well done. You did better than me.
I fished W. Bexington about a month ago and even the Doggies weren't showing-just whiting and Poor Cod-tiddler size!

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
nice fishing session ,even if it was mostly dogs.was hoping to get down ferrybridge on the weekend,but the car started playing up on the way down so did'nt get there,heard a few hounds were caught down that way:)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
nice fishing session ,even if it was mostly dogs.was hoping to get down ferrybridge on the weekend,but the car started playing up on the way down so did'nt get there,heard a few hounds were caught down that way:)
yeah a few hounds about, a mate of mine had one 6lb last week (biggest i've heard of so far)
nice to hear of a bass too

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
yeah a few hounds about, a mate of mine had one 6lb last week (biggest i've heard of so far)
nice to hear of a bass too

know a guy who's had a 12lb 4oz er,seen the pics as well,so it's gotta be true:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts