World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a day off today so i took the long drive up to abbotsbury from plymouth in the hope of a plaice or two.was gonna go west bexington untill i saw how many tinsel tossers were there in the end abbotsbury was the same :bangin: so i had the long energy sapping walk on that lovely shingle:sneaky2: in the end found a spot all to my self in lovely sunny conditions. aaaaaaaaaaa 031.jpg nice and calm but shed loads of weed on top of the water which made fishing very difficult breaking my leads out every two minutes and then dragging in massive clumps of weed:banghead: but did manage a few fish in the end with 4 smoothounds all around the five pound mark and a red gurnard which croaked his displeasure at me for catching him.[/ATTACH] gave up in the end weed was doing my head in.all fish came to crab at distance, not a great haul but just nice to be out in the sunshine again.cheers danny

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Well done on the fish fella :thumbs: looks nice dow there. Gotta agree with you about the weed, is a right royal pain!! Might try and sneek a session down there meself next week :spiteful:

·
Registered
33 Posts
good catch mate heading to chesil next weekend from essex can you give any advice only fished portland at the wreck once, a good session but seems quiet there at the moment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts