World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im off to aberaeron for the weekend (well til uesday and mite fish the monday. last time i was there i had a doggy off the harbour but was wondering if there was anywhere else near by fishing easy? like mackeral or something? let me know. cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
martin_ripper said:
hi all im off to aberaeron for the weekend (well til uesday and mite fish the monday. last time i was there i had a doggy off the harbour but was wondering if there was anywhere else near by fishing easy? like mackeral or something? let me know. cheers
dont know if this helps at all but last year in late july i was visiting there for the day and parked up right by the sea wall at full tide ...looking over the wall there were quite a few mullet right under my nose in gin clear water and there were decent sized to i would say well in the region of 5lb .......now catching them would be different i know
!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Martin

I ued to fish Aberaeron years ago, there used to be some decent wrasse caught in the harbour on float tackle. They give a good fight on light tackle. The only thing I used to catch on the ground in the harbour was silver eels.

There's always a chance of mackerel by feathering anywhere in that area, but to increase your chances it may be worth going to Aberystwyth where you can get a boat trip for them.

Regards
Osprey

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi martin dident you ask for info before m8 on this venue here is the post i put up a few weeks ago!

the north and south beach at aberaron are both rough ground so tackel loss is great, so beach casting is realy a no go! i spin for bass in the warmer months with good results the best way i find is to wade out to your waist and cast to about the 7th wave with a quite fast retreave ive taken numurus bass this way the best to 9lbs.the harbour wall can be fished but a nite tide is better due to the boat traffic you will be more out of the water than in. In day hours. Tackel shop in the town has an info sheet on the area. i have a static van in newquay and have been fishing the area for more than 20 years. i see someone mentioned the fishfarm all i can say is DANGER DONT FISH ALONE not the place to get caught out trust me i got the t shirt. newquay harbour is good from may on but night tides the order of the day here due to holidaymakers and dolphin watchers.3 hook patanoisters here. worm local dug and mackey or cockles. bass: place: summer whiting: rockling: and plenty of mackerel on feather when in season

clive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome thanks for all that! is it too early to spin for the bass or are they there or thereabouts? also where's the best to spin from and what tides?

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi martin,

the bass are in m8 i fish south beach and find low water productive pluging for the bass but if you go to the local tackel shop in the town he has a phamplet on the beaches and will give you info on whats being caught. hope this helps
clive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts