World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished aberafan beach yesterday afternoon. Took my boy and the old man down. Met office said westerly wind of around 13mph (Definitely was not the case later on in the afternoon). Anyway got down there around 13:10 to discover my Dad had forgotten his reels lol kind of an integral part for the afternoon so back to grab them thankfully it's only down the Rd so was back and heading for the water by half 1.
Fished in front of the nursing home, Was a fair trek down to the sea but got there got set up and was fishing by 2, 2 rods for me the usual pulley at range hoping for a ray and 1 closer in with some bling on hoping for a flounder.
Only the pulley produced for me unfortunately it wasn't the ray I wanted but the beloved dogfish lol. Better than nothing though and beat the blank. Had caught 3 by the end of the session all taking Sandeel.
Things were better in variety for my Dad with but not on size with him catching 2 small flounder a tiny pin whiting and a schoolie.
It was quiet for the lad to till the end when he caught a nice little flounder, not a keeper but a nice fish and even better he was landed with his catch.
It was about half 5 by this time and my boy was frozen so his mam took him home the wind had really picked up and felt like it was blowing a gale. Me and my Dad stuck it out for another hour then called it a day. All in all a good afternoons fishing with blanks beaten by all. Only slight annoyance was some clown on 1 of them boards that gets towed by a kite going back and fore in the sea right close in where the lines were. I know people do different hobbies but have a bit of common decency and respect other people's space. Apart from that though thoroughly enjoyed. Roll on another session somewhere tomorrow night :)

All the best Dai

ForumRunner_20140418_112417.jpg

ForumRunner_20140418_112426.jpg

ForumRunner_20140418_112433.jpg

ForumRunner_20140418_112440.jpg

ForumRunner_20140418_112448.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for ur comments yeah it was a nice family fishing session, hard work on times but definitely worth it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts