World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down Aberavon beach yesterday for low water for a couple of hours. Couldnt fish til high water & had to leave at 2.30pm, but was an enjoyable little session.

Took lug & mackeral, using a size 1 hook with assorted bling with beads etc on the bottom and a size 4 hook with 1 bead above it on top.

Got in the water at 11.45am. The sea was dead calm and could actually walk out to my chest in my waders without fear of any waves getting me wet over my chesties.

1st cast had a small doggie on the top hook, was a very small bite which didnt show too well on my beachcaster but I have been used to my estuary rod for the last month which is a bit lighter.

My father turned up and he had a doggie and a smal ling on the lug.

I was just about to pack up at 2.30 and saw a better bite on my rod, reeled it in and was another doggie, again on the top hook. I was hoping to catch something for tea but it wasnt to be.

As I was leaving my dad switched to a big pennel rig with a flank of mackeral and lug on it. He had 2 big bites on it but nothing connected.

Was a lovely session, especially when the sun came out!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi dragonslayer
I think its a great venue. There a wide variety of species you can catch there. It's a nice gently sloping sand beach so there no tackle losses & free parking on the prom. Also, dragon baits is 2 min away & open everyday from 6am- 6pm. Low water up will fish well generally, probably better in dark and maybe not the weather conditions we had yesterday but its nice easy fishing & you don't have to have a monster cast on you to reach the fish.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Hard lines mate, the conditioned were not idea I personally hate North east winds.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi dragonslayer
I think its a great venue. There a wide variety of species you can catch there. It's a nice gently sloping sand beach so there no tackle losses & free parking on the prom. Also, dragon baits is 2 min away & open everyday from 6am- 6pm. Low water up will fish well generally, probably better in dark and maybe not the weather conditions we had yesterday but its nice easy fishing & you don't have to have a monster cast on you to reach the fish.
PM sent mate.

·
Registered
211 Posts
hi all fished the above 2 weeks ago first cast produced a 4lb ray caught on sandeel also had a few dogfish too. lovely place to fish. tight lines every1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts