World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

Has anyone been down the beach at Aberavon recently...Thinking of going at the weekend but was wondering if anyone out there has been catching???
Cheers lads..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Pottsy

Been there tonight 1 hour before top tide arrived :D 1st cast bang 3lb Bass :p , re-baiting and bang the other rod 4lb Bass :D , 3 casts later bang 2and a bit Bass :D ,half hour after top tide 2 lb dab well chuffed :p , the sea was as bright as I've seen it B) ,full of glare strong sun going down with a big surf. :eek:
All the above caught on lug bought from Dragon baits on the industrial estate behind the Naval club :unsure:
Best i've done there for a while , mark was just past the prom toward the ferry river

cheers jury

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one!! B) Sounds like you had a cracking night mate...Were you finding that the bass are sill feeding fairly close in or further out???
Pottsy

M

·
0 Posts
Hi,

I was there last night and the night before for full tide. The surf was full of leaves and weeds which mad it hard going. Caught nowt though.

Sounds like I was in the wrong place !!!!

I had a 2lb Cod a week last Sunday on an evening tide. The mark being the slip way at the coast guard centre near the roundabout at the petrol station. More bad weather on the way so Iam leaving it until the week end at least.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
fair play mate its sounds like you had a great session. What kind of distances are you casting???

Ive only managed small schooly bass from the beach. When are you expecting cod on the beach. Iam willing to put the hours in lol??

Anyone know what won the competition???

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cant understand the weed and leaves Mark the water was so clear :eek:
I think the water temp will have to drop a little before any cod show. <_<
I always tend to fish the Naval end of the beach, I have a theory that the fish come from the ferryside :blink: ,Interesting the dab I caught last night was full of cockle shell, and the Bass were very clean.
Theres a large cockle bed toward the ferry ,hence my theory :D I have fished into that bed on a spring tide and its amazing how many cockles come up on the rigs.
Going back to your question on distance, I walked into the water up to my knees to cast and I guess about 70/80 yards . :blink: But I got backed up on the rocks just after the prom on top tide and was managing about 50 from there and that got the dab. :unsure:
cheers lads jury

ps I dont know who won the comp last week yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts