World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my 9 year old son fishing on the end of the steps this evening because he was nagging me silly to go fishing, armed with some rag worm and frozen squid we got there around 7.30.
set my rod up and put it out and then went to help my son, baited up for him and as he cant cast properly yet, I cast out for him, it is only a small spinning rod so i only cast in the breakers, i thought that would keep him happy.
Silly me i said "first one to catch a fish can have a quid" thinking i would be first (well praying anyway). Nope, he caught the first second and third, ok they were only Small schoolies but it was his first ever fish. packed up around 9.30 and i managed to catch a tiny ickle bass so that narrowed it to 3/1 but the little sod wont let it lay, he keeps dancing around singing that he beat me. but i am well chuffed to see the smile on his face when he caught them.
he put them all back himself and he also put all his rubbish in his bag to take home (so he is learning something lol).

·
TEAM FORESHORE
3,960 Posts
:clap::clap::clap:well done my 2 boys love going out with me and they always beat me to you better get used to more ribbing off your boy in the future

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
well done for ue little one showing u up lol good to see little ones fishing my daughter nags me every day to go (shes 6) but she loves it goes on our all nighters but sleeps in the beach buddy most of the night lol but then wakes up in the morning wanting to see wat has been caught if there is nothing she wants to stay untill one of us catches lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts