World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top Tide 5:06 am (ish). Fished 1 hr up and 1 1/2 hr hr after. Once again not a bite. Was using Mack and tiger prawns but no result. Does any one know if anything has been caught recently down Aberavon. I have blanked down there for a very long time now. I think I will give up Aberavon and try somewhere more productive. Any one have good marks say 1/2 hr car drive from Neath/Port Talbot area.

Cheers & Tight Lines

·
Registered
70 Posts
im fishing a mark at porthcawl tomorrow will let you know how i got on fished same mark last week-end woofers small turbot & rays

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi , i am from fairfeild and i usualy fish the neath river for bass ,Last week i decided to fish by the navel club ,which i heard was good on previous reports.
the tide was low 7.4 and was told my chances of catching was slim but as soon as the tide started to come in (about 3h before high tide) my rod did not stop banging away and out of about 17 nice bites including 2 huge bites i managed to catch 3 doggies and a 1 half pound bass which were all returned with a big smile.
i was using a pennal rig ,abu 6500 c3,blow lug,peeler crab.
going to try tommorrow and i will let you know how i get off.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ja5on said:
Hi emz.
I'd be interested in directions to this location mate. What sort of ground is it,

Regards

Jason.. :)
hi jason,get off m4 at porttalbot heading towards brition ferry ,you will come out by a roundabout with a foot crossing going over it,take a left over the fly over to another roundabout ,go straight on to the next roundabout ,and straight on again at the second,you will notice a park on your right then straight ahead will be another roundabout with a weird shaped church,take a right on that roundabout then about 100 yards take a left towards a industrial est at the top of the road you will see a bus station and a load of sand dunes ,go over the sand dunes and any where to the right side of the beach is good.
i get most of my bites off a double hook pennal rig ,lug on bottom hook and crab bought on e-bay (not dried stuff) lincolshire crab in the skin .it sends out a trail in 10-15 min and it is 100%recomended.
i used it last week and my rod did nt stop , tried without the crab and did nt get a bite then as soon as i put 1 on within 5-10 min rod started going crazy.
i will be going down tommorrow 2.00pm top tide 6.00pm 9.0 m ,going to be another good session i feel,got 24 crab baits and $15.00 lug.pop down if you can i will show you the crab in action.
the ground is flat sand but there is a lug/rag farm behind the spot i fish where theres a pipe and all the small lug/rag escape providing food for the fish hope this helps mate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
you going to come down tommorrow r u mate ,go to the navel club then look right i will be there with my father.yaahooooooooooo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts