World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I hope you are all keeping well and catching plenty of fish. 馃槉

So I decided on Saturday to have a go at the above for a few hours over low water. Target was smoothound and small eyed ray. Set both rods up with with pulley rigs, one with fish baits and the other with frozen peeler crab.

Rods were in the water at 8pm, the weather was a bit miserable with persistent drizzle and very little winds which made the sea very calm which I though might be ideal for the hounds.

First cast on the peeler crab produced a hound of 6lb 12 ounces, it gave a cracking fight considering its not the biggest of fish. Around 9.30pm I had another hound a bit smaller than the first one but none the less it was very welcome, as soon as the tide turned it went quiet on the hounds. The other rod by the way was pulling in a woof a cast until 12.45am I pulled out a small ray, must of put the bait on its nose to get past the doggies. I called it a night then at 1am just as the rain stopped.

The photo quality ain't to good due to the drizzle hitting the camera whilst taking the pics.

I'm hoping to have a few sessions this week as I'm off work. I'll keep you posted.

Tight lines all. 馃帲

Registered
Well done mikey...nice session...and target fish caught.....salty

Registered
Well done again mikey...on a good run at the moment. ... 馃憤

1 - 8 of 8 Posts