World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Its a funny time of tide for a comp 1321 HW 33.6ft, unless they are fishing either side of LW at 1921, c,mon Kelvin wots the score?
blueskip

·
Registered
188 Posts
Your right skip its normally 19.00hrs to 23.00hrs and book in at the four winds pub car park in the centre of the beach

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi folks sorry for the late reply beena busy day. i think its 7-11pm book in at the four winds car park at 6.30 and weight in is till 11.30pm.

ill phone avan angling tomorrow to confirm.

kelvin

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lets me know what mark youre going to take up kelvin and i'll come down if i get a change to introduce myself ,alas i;m unable to fish due to my hands ,but it will be an oppourtunity to meet someone from the site. face to a name so to speak

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mate, im not sure, but i will probabily fish directly out in front of the skate park. Not only sure if i fish the comp yet, it depends if this winds drops (probabily will tho).

It would be good to put a name to the face, i will be the doppy sod on his own. Trying to listen to a square radio . lol

kelvin

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for that, just been down the beach now and there is a nasty cross wind, witha little bit of rain lol.

I thinking of moving spots so that i wont get tangled with other anglers, i may move either up towards the slip way or down towards the dunes.

kelvin

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Kelvin, Jury, I was going to fish the comp myself tonight, & make contact with some other WSF members, but my sister-in-law is in hospital, & "er indoors" needs the motor to go visiting, because her "shed" is being welded (pre MOT).
I would have headed for the Naval Club end personally (which is why I have never won a comp on Aberavon Beach)!
Didn't I read you were recommending the Dragon Baits outfall pipe the other day Kelvin?
Maybe next week if there is one on, tight lines to you both tonight!
blueskip

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yer there is a pipe from the worm farm , but it hardly reaches the surf on a spring tide nevermind a low water comp. the mark I have refered too there is the cockle bed which is about 400mts from the pipe in the Ferry direction,And as I discovered the bed by pumping on low water for bait ,it makes good sense to me that it would and has been a good low water mark.With regard the comp you must realise that you are a fair way from the four winds and you must allow time to weigh in if you are lucky on the night. 4x4 be handy. good luck hope this helps

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Jury
All sounds like good, logically fathomed, common sense, (which means that it wont work that way at all)!
Got the 4x4, but didn't know you could take them on the beach, or in the dunes (I hear the girl in my office playing balls about motor bikes on there)! How does a 4x4 give you an advantage?
blueskip

1 - 15 of 15 Posts