World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a night mare of a comp. I had nothing fo rthe first hour, then i miss casted(caught my thumb on leader knot lol) when i went to reel it in i i had a 3-4 bass on only about 3 metres away from me, after about two minutes i lost that. I also had another two fish come of in the surf. I changed my hooks and had two whiting about 1.5pound and about 1 pound.

Then it changed from a strong easterly to a really hard southly. I wasnt having mush fun with the casting after that. Then to top it ff my reel seased up wouldnt move. Finally got it to move to find i had one small whiting on.

About 30 minutes before the end and after picking my rod rest up about 4 hundred times i said **** it and went home. Not a happy chappy but thats the way things go.

Does anyone kow the result????? ANyone else have some fun down there?????

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Kev :ph34r: You're a brave guy indeed :eek: ,I seen the south winds coming and thought not much point in coming down .
Curiosity got the better of me and drove along the beach at around top tide 10.30 ish. How you guys were standing never mind the rod rests beats me . :D
Dont know the result thats why I logged on to find out . Fish in the 25yrd surf is just about right on .I have had many fish on the poorer casts . B)
anyway good lad ,really admire you for that effort

Cheers Jury :blink:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Kelvin

34 :ph34r: of you fished the comp Chris Jones of the (cod squad ) won with a 0.88kg doggie :unsure:
It seems only doggies were bagged . :(
Cheers Jury

1 - 5 of 5 Posts