World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hi all ,Just fished Aberavon beach , Perfect tide ,7 breakers in 150 yards lovely surf after a day of rough surf ,with lots of debris on the beach
Water crystal clear ,3 rods out casting various lenghts, rags ,black , mussel and the old mackerel stips :nothing &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; not even a nibble.
Chatting to a guy there, he claimed the beach is fished out,the trawl boats constantly up and down close to he shore was his reason I tend to agree ,never mind enough bait left to fish another venue tonight ,well early morning.</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>well sad as it is...I must agree.

No-one i know of has fished the beech itself for about 2 years or so.

If you want to fish around Port Talbot get a permit to gain access to the Steel works piers and fish them they are still okish for fishing.....about the best Mark for the area though is either Swansea Kings Dock or Ogmore Deeps</font>

·
Registered
149 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Tried the deeps on a neap, not ideal, and pretty poor fishing only two dogs to show but hoping for more propects on this weeks springs.</font>

·
Registered
398 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi all ,Just fished Aberavon beach , Perfect tide ,7 breakers in 150 yards lovely surf after a day of rough surf ,with lots of debris on the beach
Water crystal clear ,3 rods out casting various lenghts, rags ,black , mussel and the old mackerel stips :nothing !!!! not even a nibble.
Chatting to a guy there, he claimed the beach is fished out,the trawl boats constantly up and down close to he shore was his reason I tend to agree ,never mind enough bait left to fish another venue tonight ,well early morning.</font>
how things have changed recently

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Water crystal clear ,3 rods out casting various lenghts, rags ,black , mussel and the old mackerel stips :nothing !!!! not even a nibble.
if its fished out why are the trawlers there constantly.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
this is a post from 2004!!!!!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Always happens when we get bad weather,heavy rain and strong winds.

Not that the fishing goes bad, but somebody who is really bored digs up old posts.

Pennog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts