World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having just moved to Wales my local beach is Aberavon, as you're aware the beach is very shallow,
if i were to try to keep my trainers dry id only be fishing in around a foot of water with my best cast :D
so whats best for me? a pair of wellies, waders or chest waders?
and can you link me to somewhere that sells the item you advise for a good price,

cheers chaps

·
Registered
367 Posts
Depends on the weather obviously lol id use waders for the winter but summer months I’d be in my crocs and shorts haha go to all about angling in station road port Talbot and speak to Nahit he does good deals ..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use wellies when down there. Great surf beach and don't worry about the depth. Just cast out and move backwards with the tide coming in. Before you know you will be out much further than your biggest cast

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Wellies be fine as the fish are close in , early mornings I have had very good fish within 30yards , same with darkness ,chesties are great in giving all round protection with a jacket when the weather turns nasty but as was said earlier when it's warm ,shorts and old trainers etc , or wellies with waterproof trousers and a few elastic bands around the bottom will be fine .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the advice so far, ive found an old pair of wellies so il just use them for my first couple of sessions down there and see how it goes,
i think the most of my fishing will be dusk/dawn and night so even in the hight of the summer (if we get one) id prefer using some water proof gear rather than shorts

·
Registered
446 Posts
As already mentioned fish ain’t really that far out I caught my pb bass of 12lb 3oz on aberavon beach and that was literally 30-40 yds out , I never wade or walk out and I manage to find fish there most of the time

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As already mentioned fish ain’t really that far out I caught my pb bass of 12lb 3oz on aberavon beach and that was literally 30-40 yds out , I never wade or walk out and I manage to find fish there most of the time
thats a great catch mate you must have been well chuffed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts