World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Kelvin,

Just had a little walk out there today. No big cod being taken yet but plenty of larger Whiting on the night tides on Mackerel and worm. Smaller fish in the day and of course plenty of hounds....Aparently there was an 8lb Cod caught off the beach on squid few days ago....?!?!?!?
Gonna get out there in a couple of nights time...always worth a shout..

Does anybody else know differently??????? Cheers fellas..

Pottsy

·
Registered
281 Posts
where in aberavon do you fish. i normally go to swansea, coming from aberdare, but port talbot / aberavon isnt that far away.

i hear its a beach which fishes best at low water. how far go you have to cast realistically?

how's parking?

any info by posting / pm would be welcomed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm no expert on the place but going by what i've noticed is that the pier/walkway fishes well on night tides (low tide's only as there's danger of being washed off!!). You dont have to cast too far as it's straight into fairly deep water, usually with lug or rag. The end usualy fishes better and parking is at the carpark at the start of the walkway.
For the larger tides, i found that the beach is better (and a lot safer).People fish all the way down and parkings easy on the beachfront too..gonna head down soon..i'll let you now if there's any action down there.....
Pottsy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts