World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Two more horrible trips to add to the list.

Let me describe a mark for you. A smallish beach (150 yds across) with rocks on either side. It has a steep shingle bank onto sand which gives you up to 20-25 feet of water in front of you. It looks perfect for bass, ray, plaice with a chance of huss and conger from the rough.

That is Aberbach beach near Mathry, north Pembs. So why can&#39;t I catch anything decent here? It is starting to make me angry. If anyone could do a bit of lateral thinking for me I would be grateful.

Milford Docks - possibly one of the best bass marks in the county, if not Wales. Didn&#39;t catch but picked up lots of info about the mark from other anglers. A trip is never wasted if you learn something.
Oh yeah, if anyone fancies a crack at the shore conger record then this could be the mark for you. Local lore tells of a monster that has grown fat on fish waste but no-one has been able to land it. Personally speaking I hope that nobody ever does as this fish is the stuff of legends.

Au revoir,

Rhod.
</font>

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Ive had lots of luck at aberbach, perhaps you are casting to far out or not fishing in the right conditions. You only need to cast about 25 yards into the surf, thats where I have caught most of my fish. The beach is good for bass and whiting Ive never caught any ray there. Milford docks isnt that prolific for bass, Ive had more luck at the neyland marks, the best bass fishing within the haven is at hook and lawrenny castle. If you wish to catch decent bass outside the haven try newgale, the left hand side of the beach near the caravan park fishes best. If you want we could meet up and I will show you how far to cast and where to fish.</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>Sounds like a good idea. I&#39;ll send you a PM with my contact details.

Cheers,

Rhod.</font>

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
Fishing in Milford docks is now banned! WHISKERS is one BIG BIG CONGER over 60lb at least apparently, i caught my first FLOAT caught CONGER here at just under 18lb fishing heavy braid got the bugger in GR8 fight if u bottom fish u NEED 2 fish HEAVY because theres THOUSANDS of HUGE spider crabs in there!

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Two more horrible trips to add to the list.

Let me describe a mark for you. A smallish beach (150 yds across) with rocks on either side. It has a steep shingle bank onto sand which gives you up to 20-25 feet of water in front of you. It looks perfect for bass, ray, plaice with a chance of huss and conger from the rough.

That is Aberbach beach near Mathry, north Pembs. So why can't I catch anything decent here? It is starting to make me angry. If anyone could do a bit of lateral thinking for me I would be grateful.

Milford Docks - possibly one of the best bass marks in the county, if not Wales. Didn't catch but picked up lots of info about the mark from other anglers. A trip is never wasted if you learn something.
Oh yeah, if anyone fancies a crack at the shore conger record then this could be the mark for you. Local lore tells of a monster that has grown fat on fish waste but no-one has been able to land it. Personally speaking I hope that nobody ever does as this fish is the stuff of legends.

Au revoir,

Rhod.
</font>
im into conger ...............just keeping on tryin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts