World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
AFAW 6 And Bait/4 And Bait 13ft. Abu 6500 TSRi. Akios 757ctm.
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to be staying up in the area first week of August, and I wondered if there were any good places I could try for a mackerel or two in the general area around Aberdeen? Any tips would be appreciated as I’ve not fished in this area before, at least not in the summer months.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IM sure they will be all over the area while your up there F/H.
HOPEFULLY some local anglers,can mention some areas for you.
GOODLUCK @ enjoy.
Hi Reg, good to hear from you. I just had a tip from someone who you replied to, he’s had some from Inverbervie, which is a nice little beach to fish.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not heard any reports, I might have a go at Usan tomorrow, I'll post if I catch any.
Catching already at Usan burnie.....had near a dozen the other night.

Arm of rock just to the right of the blowhole.....sea was boiling with bait fish, loads of Terns feeding close in.

Couldn't get much of a cast though.....place is heaving with Pots......didn't really matter, fish were right at your feet.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Just back having fished a couple of hours of the top of the tide and an hour out, just feathering for mackies had one wee one and that was all, sea is flat calm with no sign of bird activity near me at all.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just back having fished a couple of hours of the top of the tide and an hour out, just feathering for mackies had one wee one and that was all, sea is flat calm with no sign of bird activity near me at all.
Where did you try......Usan ?

Did better than me with a small one !
Tried the cliffs late this morning.....nothing. Thought there'd be a few around....there were certainly plenty around Usan on Monday night.
Sea was pretty calm on Monday too.

Gave up after a couple of hours....went to Elliot, picked up a few flatties.
20210722_143751.jpg
20210722_143727.jpg
20210715_102433.jpg

And 1 small Cod.
20200926_131544.jpg

So got something at least.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Yes I was at Usan, I shall wait for a bit of surf, I find these flat seas are pretty poor for any type of fishing, don't need a raging storm like we like for the winter Cod, but a foot or so of surf seems to stir up the food and the fish. I have had some quality fish from Elliot in the past, down by the golf course end.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Catching already at Usan burnie.....had near a dozen the other night.

Arm of rock just to the right of the blowhole.....sea was boiling with bait fish, loads of Terns feeding close in.

Couldn't get much of a cast though.....place is heaving with Pots......didn't really matter, fish were right at your feet.
Thanks for the tips. I’ll head up there when I’m on holiday in the area first week of August.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts