World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hello all,
I&#39;m fairly new to this hobby and unfortunately I live in Shropshire (which isn&#39;t ideal for shore fishing). I&#39;ve arranged a weeks holiday in Wales shortly so I&#39;d be gratefull for any advise anyone could give me about fishing around Aberdovey e.g. good locations, tackle, rigs, bait, good tackle shops, possible catches etc. As this is my first trip to Wales I&#39;d like it to be a productive one.
All advise appreciated.</font>

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Best bet is to call in Barry&#39;s tackle shop in Tywyn and ask for latest info.

Right now things ain&#39;t too good: algal blooms and such I suspect are pushing a lot of fish outside. I&#39;ve had the worst run of blanks for years. The upshot of that is that things must improve into August, when legering sandeels for small-eyed ray on the flat beaches as the tide floods ought to turn up a result or two - and even (possibly) a bass&#33;

I bloody hope it improves certainly&#33;&#33;

Cheers - John</font>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>Cheers John,
Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the info.

Barney</font>

·
Registered
1 Posts
<font color='#000000'>HI Barney.

Probably too late for your trip to Wales but for future reference, if you fancy some boat fishing I would definately recommend trying to get out with Charlie Bartlett (01654 710869). I went out for the first time in Aberdovey with Charlie just last week and had a great day. Lots of mackeral as you would expect but also loads of Black Bream, some odd species (bit of novelty) and a couple of Tope. Best one was around 40lb so not the biggest but a good catch. Had a great day, Charlie supplies tackle if required and is really helpfull. Good laugh as well. Oh, and they provide as much tea or coffee as you like, not that we really had that much time to dring it as #### near every cast brought a fish&#33;&#33;

Anyway, enough raving, hope your break is productive and if you get the chance, go with Charlie&#33;

Ken.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts