World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Really fancy Aberporth for a small eyed ray at the moment. We didn&#39;t get anything other than the little whiting, but that&#39;s waht the rays are there for. Added bonus of no dogs means the baits are out for longer. Put in the hours and I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll get one.

Llech Dafad is a fine looking headland near Strumble. Again, wanted a ray (they have DEFINITELY been caught there), but ended up with mixed bag. Dogs, wrasse, rockling, poor cod, pouting, and a lobster. Also got dragged into snags by something big and nasty on poor cod deadbait. Conger, huss or big lobster? We&#39;ll be back&#33;

Cheers,

Rhod</font>

·
Registered
437 Posts
<font color='#000000'>
hi rhod
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; yes small whiting is all we are getting the fishing has died a death up this end perhaps due to the russian trawlers (factory ships) that came in late may into june.im hoping they will return in the september months as did last year,mackerel came back in and stayed till oct and so did the bass....hopefully.... yours clive.</font>

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Rhod, if you fancy a bash at rays come up to Borth one day. I try to fish there quite often myself, even though this season has been a little disappointing compared to the last two. Still had fish to 8lb though.

Give me a shout & we&#39;ll arrange a session.

Cheers - John</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer John. I would gratefully accept but I don&#39;t anticipate going that far north for my fishing just yet. I still have a number of marks down Pembrokeshire way which have to be sussed out, which will also mean less money spent on fuel. However, if you fancy a trip down south then give me a shout.

Cheers,

Rhod :huh:

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Cheers Rhod. May well do&#33;

Do you ever go for those comps on the big breakwater at Fishguard? I used to go down there often in autumn before they banned general fishing. A pity as it was a superb mark&#33;

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts