World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>9 dogs, not even a sniff of a ray.

Question: Do people find they catch more as the tides build up to the springs, or does it not make any difference?

Have to ask coz the received wisdom say bass and ray catches are better as the tides build up rather than falling towards neaps.

If this is true any suggestions as to why?

Yours chin-strokingly,

Rhod.
</font>

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hi Rhod,

I&#39;ve always believed sea conditions (and therefore weather) to be the chief factor, but this reflects the fact that 75% of my shore fishing is in shallow surf. On such beaches, provided there is a bit of life to the water, I have caught on all tides regardless. In flat calms they tend to be hopeless, except for dogfish at night&#33;

I suspect though that spring tides are times of fish migration, which might explain why fish that have been absent suddenly appear in numbers over a spring tide?

Never tried Aberporth but used to fish Mwnt a lot in the 1980s. Lot of dogfish there too I remember...

Cheers - John</font>

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Yep is an old thread lol
How are these getting brought back. Nick.
Is it because they have simply been looked at by going back through old pages ??

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
57,552 Posts
How are these getting brought back. Nick.
Is it because they have simply been looked at by going back through old pages ??
Somebody asked me what was the first post in the South Wales forum, and I posted up this in the chatter forum.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
57,552 Posts
Can't see the point of bringing back very old threads personally but........

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
I was curious as to what the first post was on our section and the date.
I been on here since 2007 and wondered when it all started..
Cheers nick. Sorry kieth lol.

Dam !!!! That throws my "TIME WARP" theory out of the widow.

I do like the Time warp though......................

Reactions: max007 and wyting
1 - 10 of 10 Posts