World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi lads was going to my bass mark tonight but the weather wasnt looking to good so went to aberthaw west got there around 3.15 first cast out only out around 10 mins if that first hound in at 7lb 5oz next cast yet another one but lost it next cast another one around the same size as the first one n notting then untill around a hr before low the the hounds come back again on the feed had another 2 best one 11lb 2oz i had one more cast before packing up had another hound on never sore it the hook snap SKAUMA MANTER EXTRA thats 2 manter hooks size 5/0s snapped on me with fish on any one ls had this or is it a bad packet of hooks any way hees a few photos of the hounds

thats the 11lb 2oz one

and this one just over 10lbs

and i was the only one fishing west today had it all to myself
tight lines

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
As i couldnt make it, sorry mate, catch you in the week.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
38,484 Posts
Nice one Gary, shame about the hook breaking. Great report and ify pics :laugh: :clap: :clap2:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
Good sesh that, fair play!!!:clap::clap:

I never use the sakuma's - I find those hooks a tad expensive for what you get. I like the varivas (30 in a box), only had a few big mouths straighten but thats with the fine wire pattern. The big mouth extra's I've never had snap on me nor straighten.

There's always next time for that lunker lol!!!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
hi lads was going to my bass mark tonight but the weather wasnt looking to good so went to aberthaw west got there around 3.15 first cast out only out around 10 mins if that first hound in at 7lb 5oz next cast yet another one but lost it next cast another one around the same size as the first one n notting then untill around a hr before low the the hounds come back again on the feed had another 2 best one 11lb 2oz i had one more cast before packing up had another hound on never sore it the hook snap SKAUMA MANTER EXTRA thats 2 manter hooks size 5/0s snapped on me with fish on any one ls had this or is it a bad packet of hooks any way hees a few photos of the hounds

Well done Gary --I have had a lot of Sakumas snap but never had a Manta extra snap !!! If I had known you were heading down there on your own I would have come along mate I have a few crawlies that I wanted to release (skywards) never mind I will take them to tomorrows comp ..Tightlines

·
Registered
904 Posts
Took a walk down to Aberthaw in between torrential rain. I think I identified a thousand shades of grey....

Fab sesh Gary and good to see you matey - was that rain or sweat pouring off you??? Here's a few landscape pics for a rainy day of E&W Aberthaw - only one man on a mission so I hope you won't mind me adding them to your thread show how packed the mark was.....!

Cheers

DH

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
good sesh m8 well done ive heard a couple of times them hooks have snaped up on people ive never used them all i use is the varivas bmx 4 the boat and shore they do them down 2 a size 2/0 and up 2 a 8/0 never had trouble with them great hook give them a try.TIGHT LINES

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice session Gary, :clap3: pity about the hooks though

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good sesh that, fair play!!!:clap::clap:

I never use the sakuma's - I find those hooks a tad expensive for what you get. I like the varivas (30 in a box), only had a few big mouths straighten but thats with the fine wire pattern. The big mouth extra's I've never had snap on me nor straighten.

There's always next time for that lunker lol!!!

there the same hooks m8 just in different packs

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
glad you had a few fish m8.
was thinking on changing my pattern of hook for hounds as i had a 3,0 viking strighten on me last week.
it nice having a mark to yourself m8 ,but you sometimes think why,do they know something i dont.
but when you get that first pull you then think ,what they are all missing out on .ha ha ha.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Nice sesh there Garry....knew I shudda come,lol :thumbs:
Never had a prob with mantas, but I do remember you having one snap last weekend. You might be right, could be just a bad batch :unsure:

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
there the same hooks m8 just in different packs
Soz for going :eek:fftopic:<<< should be a smiling smiley lol

Peeps think that bcoz the hooks 'look' the same - If it doesn't say varivas on the packaging it comes in, then it ain't variva hooks. The same principle goes for fuji's.

Have a read in the free veals catalogue when you have the chance, it clearly states information on their hooks in there lol.

No point in packaging the same hook under two different brand names, when it can be marketed under the one brand :p

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
nice one gary looks like you the man i know a couple of peeps not on the forum who have said sakuma are crap always keep snapping on them they and i use big mouth extras and like brownie never had one straighten or snap on me tight lines dude

·
Registered
483 Posts
oh oh. Just bought some mantas after they were highly recommnended by users and shops ! put a pliers to one of them and pulled 20ib hooklength while hook was attached to a vice. Maybe ann odd one out but it proved as strong as other reputble hooks i have.
I really hope i get a nice fish in the next session and the hook pays my trust back !! :headhurt:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts