World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all I fished West Aberthaw last night, I was quite surprised that there were only 2 others down there, One of them turned out to be Joe Arch, I swear that man can pull fish out of a pond of p***!.

Anyway to the fishing first couple of casts, nothing but snags, Joe pulled a hound in on his second cast lol!, had a few runs and missed em, whilst Joe kept on pulling in the hounds:headhurt: Finally hooked into one myself, and after a good scrap:boxing: lost him on the ledge:bangin: Joe had another one, and left shortly after, I was determined to get a hound out myself, so I stuck it out even though the tide was pushing me back up the ledges, had a small knock after an hour, and turned out to be a slug:sad:, but at last blank beaten! I then decided 2 more casts and I was done. Sent another crab bait out and ten minutes later my ratchet started going and after a good ten minutes scrap again, I finally landed the hound I wanted !!! I will attatch pics later. Made my last cast lost the lot, packed up, but went home a happy man.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
well done mate especially getting one on the flood dnt see many come out after low at west most peeps walk to east

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Perseverance that's the name of the game, well done for hanging in there. I did the same at Knab Rock last night left at four in the morning, but my endeavors came to nothing, that's life.:laugh:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Phil hows things mukka. Should have told u I took Waller out hounding to Aberthaw last nite and hes a hound virgin no more, tho he was hard work in the dark with his casting lol. Have to sort a sesh m8.

For the record lads, theres hound mania going on down Aber West. Ran out of leads again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts