World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Aberthaw last saturday. nice day, broken cloud but slightly windy. variety of baits used, squid/lug/peeler/mackerel/sand eel. few eels about (not much to talk about) but my mate caught a lovely 2 1/2 lb pollack!!! i was gobsmacked!

all fish went for mackerel bait on a pennel rig. should have saved my money and only bought some ammo mackies!

anyone else having any joy with mackerel strip as bait? with worm and crab being so expensive and as far as my experiences go...useless shouldnt we all go back to good old smelly fish baits and save some £££'s?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
U 2 BETTER BEHAVE OR I WILL GO AND BUY SOME MACKEREL. BUT YOUR RIGHT ALL THIS WORM WE PAY 4, AND DONT GET MUCH BAK 4 OUR MONEY, ITHINK WE SPOIL THE FISH, EVERYBODY FROM 2DAY STOP BUYING WORM,, THATS AN ORDER, HEEHEE, THINK OF THE CASH WE WOULD SAVE....

·
Banned
280 Posts
The other night went down the old harbour, we norm buy lug/rag but tackle shop was out of both so we got frozen sandeel/squid/mackrel, 7 fish caught, 6 on sandeel, 1 on mackrel. Nothing touched the squid, dont think ive ever caught anything on squid, aint been going for long though. Im sure i'll catch something on that damn squid soon.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
dw i didnt read that properly did u say u had a pollack at aberthaw, well i am gobsmacked.. thats unusual, good on u, or good on ur mate,, well done m8..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
yea i been fishing the low water marks, done ok. but not great, they seem 2 b starting very slowly.. i am gonna try foreshore monday, think it is a daytime tide. so i must get another cod, these fireworks r getin louder as i am typing.. gotta go and let my kids off shortly.the fireworks i mean//// heehee..

·
Registered
113 Posts
targeting the hounds in the summer ,we were hitting codling,at aberthaw,just hope the cod turn up there in a couple of weeks
steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts