World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's

I'm in Aberystwyth on Friday seeing one of my customers, will be staying there for the weekend with my wife.

I'll be finished with my customer by 2.00 pm and wife will not get to me until 8.00p so I have plenty of time to go fishing.

Never fished here before but thinking of the stone jetty, any tips, tactic, advice, will be welcome and may be info on a local bait/tackle shop

Cheers

Aldwell123

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Low water on Friday is around 1630 BST, and the jetty fishes best on the flood up to high.

What you could do - especially if you can bring peelers - is to walk to the S end of the storm-beach in the afternoon. There's a shallow reef there that produces the odd decent bass, plus ballans, rockling etc - follow the last of the ebb tide down to low & back up for the first hour of the flood. Then walk back to the jetty and try there. For the jetty, loads of mini species close in the rough - bits of ragworm good. Both bits of advice should include the point that you can expect snags!

Longer casts can pick up a few different species over the sand but it can be hit and miss.

On the harbour side, eels & flounder can be caught.

In good weather towards HW at dusk, mackerel and garfish are both a good possibility, feathers or spinners.

Cheers - John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts