World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Thought I'd just quickly post about my last fishing session in Aberystwyth. Fishing from the breakwater (stone jetti) at the harbour for a few hours after low tide. Caught some decent sized whiting about an hour and a half after low tide. Saw a seal on the foundations of the jetti too, then it swam off.

Last time I was here I caught a dogfish and before that I caught loads of crabs. Yay, crabs.

I'm new to fishing, don't really know what I'm doing but it was all in good fun. Looking to expand my knowledge, so if anyone knows the area and has any suggestions for fishing marks then do tell :)

thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
well done there mate.you are the first I have heard fishing there.many times I have visited my son in uni.last year and have never seen anyone fishing.Let us know how you get on in future buddy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
sounds like you had a good few hours mate! i come up to aber to fish least once a month but usualy go on the wooden jetty with great success last time, saw a huss swim right under the pier which i thought was strange as i didnt expect to see one that close in and of that size then vanished under the boats ( threw in a good sandeel and mac trying to get it but no luck!) caught a couple of good sized flounder and some small (just about able to keep but chucked all but one back in) let me know if you ever want some company on there mate :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Off the stone pier its snaggy this time of year whiting is the catch i'm afraid, dogs,wrasse ,bass will put in a show at times,
try borth beach the car park as the road splits by the camp site end of the griones you wont lose any gear and theres flounder, turbot, rays, bass amongst others cheers good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.