World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

just bought one of these off a mate of mine.i will be using it for spinning (and bait casting too) on my bass rod.the reel has a levelwind on it which i'm not a fan of.does anyone know if i can get a convesion bar or a new one piece cage for it?or should i just leave it as it is?cheer's....dave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bought a load of used stuff off of nick the greek today.i got the reel,loads of pirks and some jellys/spinners for £50(and a good rod rest too!).the rest of the gear was beginner's stuff really which mark has bought for his bro in law.good deal it was mate.....dave.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I use one for light Jerkbaiting for pike and heavy duty saltwater spinning/plugging I've left the levelwind on without a massive loss of distance compared to my converted 5500 also it's much easier using braid with a levelwind compared to the converted one.(Especially in any strong wind!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks lad's,i'll leave it alone then.roll on some warm weather so i can try it out.once again,cheer's.....dave.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.