World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

just bought one of these off a mate of mine.i will be using it for spinning (and bait casting too) on my bass rod.the reel has a levelwind on it which i'm not a fan of.does anyone know if i can get a convesion bar or a new one piece cage for it?or should i just leave it as it is?cheer's....dave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bought a load of used stuff off of nick the greek today.i got the reel,loads of pirks and some jellys/spinners for £50(and a good rod rest too!).the rest of the gear was beginner's stuff really which mark has bought for his bro in law.good deal it was mate.....dave.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I use one for light Jerkbaiting for pike and heavy duty saltwater spinning/plugging I've left the levelwind on without a massive loss of distance compared to my converted 5500 also it's much easier using braid with a levelwind compared to the converted one.(Especially in any strong wind!)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah as everyone else says just leave it as it mate it will make it much easier to impart some action into the lure.Their is something very satisfying about using a multiplier for plugging.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks lad's,i'll leave it alone then.roll on some warm weather so i can try it out.once again,cheer's.....dave.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts