World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anybody know where i can get a high speed gear kit for a abu 6500 mag elite?
also after a ct cage for same reel?

cheers

goody

·
Registered
328 Posts
i'd like to jump on the band wagon for one of these also

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I heard on the grapvine that there just isnt room to fit a decent set of gears into the slideplate of the abu mag. If you have a look at the size of the gear box on a slosh or 525 then youll see what i mean. You can get em but they wont last long-stripped in no time.
Im not saying this from experience mind, but if you think about it then youll know what i mean. Also if there is plenty room then why wouldnt Abu fit them themselves? The retreive ratio is one of the main reasons why people buy a 525 or a slosh over a Abu.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I heard on the grapvine that there just isnt room to fit a decent set of gears into the slideplate of the abu mag.
I'm not sure about this bigman as the Abu 6500 C4 has the 6.3:1 gear ratio as standard. The hanldle side plate on the 6500 C4 is exactly the the same size as the side plate on the Mag Elite so I dont see why he couldn't just exchange whatever's inside the C4 reel as far as gears go to the Mag Elite.

·
Registered
205 Posts
hi mate i have them in both my reel and had them in for about a year and had no trouble with them mikes reel repais do them i think they are well worth the money and i think make the reel even smother

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
i have a SL20SH and that has 6.1:1 its an amazing reel!!! sooo solid!

Jamie

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
hi mate i have them in both my reel and had them in for about a year and had no trouble with them mikes reel repais do them i think they are well worth the money and i think make the reel even smother
did you fit them yourself? are they pretty easy to fit? i've taken the gears out to service the reel so know what i'm doing, just wondered how the gear set come.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts