World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i was hoping to get the casters opinions on the above reel would it be a decent enough reel for tournement casting any opinions welcome ,be honest i will be spending good money cheers

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
hi guys i was hoping to get the casters opinions on the above reel would it be a decent enough reel for tournement casting any opinions welcome ,be honest i will be spending good money cheers
it will be a good reel for tournament casting as its the main reel they use. you will however have to start tweeking and adjusting it to get extra bit of distance from it as you get better.

you say your paying good money for it so has it already been altered for field casting?

·
Registered
363 Posts
the reel is the one most use for tourneys take the brake blocks out, leave the magnets in usually 4 flush bearings and put red rocket fuel in.

set end float and your ready to wind the line on remebr the first 40 yds or so is the bit that balances the spool if it runs smooth leave the first 40yds on there for good.

no real need for conversions yet m8 to be honest the jury is out wether they work or not, i know i had loadsa of 260 + casts on the set up i have just explained.

good luck and enjoy it its a great sport and improves your fishing options no end

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as far as i know it is just bog standard dont really want to start messing about until i know what i am doing:unsure:

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
got one off flea bay for £37 things perfect and mint,good caster aswell,was shocked when i first used it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts