World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy

I have the above reel and am looking for reviews on the new style power handle, mine has the 'old' style.....can the handles be changed over and is it worth it?
:headhurt:

Cheers

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Not really a great deal different, bigger knob looks & feels better but they should have made it longer to get more power into the cranking.
More cosmetic imo.

Howdy

I have the above reel and am looking for reviews on the new style power handle, mine has the 'old' style.....can the handles be changed over and is it worth it?
:headhurt:

Cheers

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not a lot different tbh, but it does feel a bit nicer and spongier to use. Winter when it's cold and wet will be a better test.

·
Registered
960 Posts
with the new power handle it is easier to knock into gear whilst casting, has been known for them to jump into gear because the handle is too heavy, if this occurs pointing the handle up the rod when casting can help.

·
Registered
865 Posts
you might find that it will put strain on the reel ityself article in the tsf mag this month about just that or was it total angler one of the 2

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I recently started using my reels down Butt & had this happen a few times with the Abu. Thought i was going senile. Never ever happened with reel up.

with the new power handle it is easier to knock into gear whilst casting, has been known for them to jump into gear because the handle is too heavy, if this occurs pointing the handle up the rod when casting can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts