World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads,
need some advise on casting with the abu 7000 bg leaver drag.
Had a situation where the break came on after casting 40 yrds out, how do you overcome this prob, other tips would be welcome.
Please don't state the obvious,(change the make)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I might be wrong, but I thought that was a boat fishing reel, not a caster.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be wrong, but I thought that was a boat fishing reel, not a caster.
Thank's for your input, is there a knowlagable angler on this forum with more verble ability than the last.Is the 7000 bg soley a boat rod or have i been miss informed?
Other web sites like beachcasting-.com talk in favour of the fact they like level wind drag! have or do you own one? can you help me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thank's for your input, is there a knowlagable angler on this forum with more verble ability than the last.Is the 7000 bg soley a boat rod or have i been miss informed?
Other web sites like beachcasting-.com talk in favour of the fact they like level wind drag! have or do you own one? can you help me.
Two things:

1) I am not a native English speaker, but even I can easily count 10 errors in the above post. Seems to me that by doing away the first reply you got as 'a verbal inadequate reply' is not very nice. People will not be very eager to help that way.

2) I own the 7000, the break shouldn't come on when casting. Ever. Either make sure you don't activate it yourself by accident, otherwise have it checked.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two things:

1) I am not a native English speaker, but even I can easily count 10 errors in the above post. Seems to me that by doing away the first reply you got as 'a verbal inadequate reply' is not very nice. People will not be very eager to help that way.

2) I own the 7000, the break shouldn't come on when casting. Ever. Either make sure you don't activate it yourself by accident, otherwise have it checked.
THANK YOU for your input.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
IM SURE YOUR WELCOME....

dont be rude to people trying to help you mate.

Jamie

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Personally the 7000ld narrow is designed for braid use on a boat, me brother has the normal bg7001 hs which is l/h and he never liked it for casting has now bought the new 7001i which is the left hooker but not used yet as bought end of last season.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Hey lads,
need some advise on casting with the abu 7000 bg leaver drag.
Had a situation where the break came on after casting 40 yrds out, how do you overcome this prob, other tips would be welcome.
Please don't state the obvious,(change the make)
stating the obvious.... you,ve got the wrong reel.. ha:)

theres no need to be nasty to people who are trying to help you. :uhuh:

T

·
0 Posts
Yep

It's a boat reel.

You may want to check what you have bought as there really is a big difference between a Level Wind and a Lever Drag and it seems you may have misunderstood.

Finally, wide spool is more comfortable for casting, narrow spool for boat fishing and braid.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
stating the obvious.... you,ve got the wrong reel.. ha:)

theres no need to be nasty to people who are trying to help you. :uhuh:
:clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

should have asked befor you bought the reel

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I've got one and can tell you loads about it - but I won't in case you have a go at me too. Lesson learned old chap?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts