World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me which would cast best when loaded with 18/20ld line.
My 7000c is about 20 years old now and im thinking of replacing it with a 535 for fishing as far out as possible over mixed ground .

The 7000 is excellent but the repairs needed (gears and spool) is going to set me back about £80 which is nearly the cost of a 535

So my question is it worth repairing the 7000 if can get the same performance from a 535

look forwrd to your advice

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
can anyone tell me which would cast best when loaded with 18/20ld line.
My 7000c is about 20 years old now and im thinking of replacing it with a 535 for fishing as far out as possible over mixed ground .

The 7000 is excellent but the repairs needed (gears and spool) is going to set me back about £80 which is nearly the cost of a 535

So my question is it worth repairing the 7000 if can get the same performance from a 535

look forwrd to your advice
The 535 casts really well... maybe slightly behind the abu as it has a heavier spool, but what it lacks there it more than makes up for by being a faster, tougher reel all round, with smaller gaps at the side of the spool for line to get lost behind, bigger handle, much bigger gear cogs and less to rust.

Get the 535, without a doubt, and chuck the tired 7000 on ebay :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was looking at the Okuma Contura on flea bay and was thinking of getting one at £79.99 plus about £3 for postage but then i checked for a 535 as it was always an option.
Found a 535 with a buy it now price of £95 or make best offer so i offered £80 and it was accepted within 2 minutes :clap2:.
With £7 postage i think i got a stonking deal for a split new 535 mag......£87 all in cant grumble at that.

heres a link to the flea bay store i got it from......

He doesn't have any more listed just now but i t may pay to keep checking.

p.s only won it this morning and it has already been dispatched

1 - 3 of 3 Posts