World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired an old beachcaster that must be about 25 years, but is very stiff, for use with 2-9 Oz leads. I'm thinking of getting a fixed spool reel for this rod, maybe a cheapie off ebay. Can anyone recommend a decent reel for a relative beginner that may work well on this rod, or any 2-9oz beachcaster???

Taralot.

B

·
0 Posts
Are you sure that the 464 is suited to F/S reels?

I would have thought it was a multiplier rod meself :confused:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bigfish said:
Are you sure that the 464 is suited to F/S reels?

I would have thought it was a multiplier rod meself :confused:
I haven't a clue. Pretty certain it was used with a fixed spool reel in the past. As I have said its a good 25 years old.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
these rods are collecters items

with there alloy butts and heavy cork handles

put it on ebay and you should get near enough £100 for it and buy something a little more modern and lightweight

i got 2 of these rods in the loft

macky

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
macky1 said:
these rods are collecters items

with there alloy butts and heavy cork handles

put it on ebay and you should get near enough £100 for it and buy something a little more modern and lightweight

i got 2 of these rods in the loft

macky
No way! Its nice to know it may be worth something, but it used to be my fathers rod, and its just feels better than the one I have at the moment. There is no cork on it, and is fairly light. The only downside I have found with it is that its a two piece, and is secured together with a screwthread ring, and this loosens when I jiggle the rod about a bit (imagining a big fish on the end.............)

I think I will nip up the local fishing shop and see what they recommend.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

B

·
0 Posts
Hey Macky I have a 464 Uptider do you reckon it's worth anything as an antique?:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts