World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Mate,

I use the 106R - rear drag good reel for spinning for bass.

Another good reel which I use for both light ledgering (1-4oz) , spinning & float work is the Okuma Epix R60 - very similar to the Cardinal - but in my opinion a little bit more robust & versatile.

Whatever you choose I would really look for rear drag option - can't beat it when you've got a scrap on your hands with light tackle.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought mine a few months - had lots of fancy ideas -went into the local tackle shop - took some advice & ended up with a 9ft Ron Thompson Hardcore pro spin - 2 piece.

Does the job nicely, if it's just spinning / float fishing your after. Casts up to 90gms, whcih is ample.

Very sensitive as well - 2 lb fish give a real scrap if you team it up with one of the reels I mentioned, with say a 10lb line.

No complaints here, nice rod, finish etc - I think it was about £35:00 / £40.

If it's spinning into the surf you're thinking of doing, you may want to go for something a little longer & more versatile like an 11ft+ "bass" rod. Covers all eventualities.

Me - I'm greedy now use both - bait up the bass rod & use a float on the sopinning tackle!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I have the 506r teamed witha penn devil stick 10' for spinning but I also use it with an ancient DAM bass rod for ledgering and find it copes well with both and yep the rear drag is a major asset

1 - 6 of 6 Posts