World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a couple of searches but not found much info on this rod.

Bare in mind this would be my first beachcaster rod. Is it any good for a first timer?

Or is there a better first timer rod? I dont have the money to spend on the expensive ones, so no conoflex, greys, etc.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
very good rod for the money i use mine all the time

·
Registered
449 Posts
My hubby uses nothing else on the beach, loves the rod, and it was good value too.

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Brilliant rod!! Great all rounder. It was my first rod and I still take it most sessions as my best fish turn up on it oddly enough. Works fine chucking out 5oz lead and big bait. Its gets a little wobbly on 6oz but still handles it. Can be used clean ground/rough ground/estuary (very strong tide) etc...

It's very forgiving on the cast and registers bites very well due to being softer action. Waaayy better then the other cheap scaffolding poles you can buy. It's fairly light and can be held (bassing etc..)

The guides being all metal means the inserts won't fall out when you drop it on rocks which is great.

The only real fault is that the action is slightly soft right the way through and even bends right to (and past) the reel on a large fish. A little bit spaghetti like I guess. However it's landed double figure conger, large hounds and wrasse to just under 5lb. It's thrilling to feel a decent fish on this rod and be a bit better matched rather then just having a powerful rod and then skull drag a fish in. It's a little soft for setting the hook when trying to wind into a fast running bass but in recent years I only fish with braid and this seems to get round the problem.

In summary a great rod that is perfect for beginner, intermediate and maybe beyond. Highly recommended. As far as bang for bucks... it's probably about the best purchase I've made pricewise.

Tight lines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts